Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hawaii...finally :)

I've decided that the time to do this is never going to make itself...so I'm going to have to have to make time for it! Again, I will be putting a lot of months into one post, so there will be lots of pictures but not a ton of words.


Okay, this story I do have to explain because it was pretty awesome. Ry and I left Saturday morning for our 1 of 3 flights to Hawaii. First flight went well. Second flight, same. I can't even remember where we had our layover between those two they went so well.

Our second layover was going to be about an hour and 45 minutes, so we got off the plane and found a seat and waited. An hour and however many minutes later they started to board the plane. We went to get on the plane and sure enough we were at the wrong terminal! We were at Delta's when we needed to be at Hawaiian Airlines....CLEAR across the airport! Literately. We ran, jogged, speed walked for...30 minutes. Needless to say, we missed our flight. And...the next flight wouldn't be leaving until the next morning. About 14 hours away. I had been crying long before because of the blister about the size of a silver dollar on my ankle. (No worries, some lady that worked at the airport tried to comfort me by telling me about the time her best friend died.) And then I found out we'd be spending the night in the airport. Poor Ry. I still feel bad. He sat there and lovingly listened to me while I listed every thing I hated for about five minutes. I'm not disappointed that I don't remember the list. Although, I'm pretty sure my stupid socks that wouldn't stay up and protect my ankle was on that list.

Anyways...we caught the flight the next morning, along with another kid from the company who did the exact same thing as us...and we made it to beautiful Hawaii! And we made it to our ghetto apartment!



Alright, so it wasn't terrible. It was just bare and didn't feel like a home. Oh, and the other couple had found like 20 cockroaches in their place so far :) I think we only killed two. I am proud to say that I killed one of those two. With a stapler. I know, I'm pretty brave, huh?

But we got to move! To a very very beautiful place that was free of cockroaches. But we still had friends there!
This is Daisy. I loved her. I let her go in our house, and I'm not quite sure if I ever did see her again...they all look so similar...but I did enjoy finding them and catching them every once in a while!

We lived across the street from the Marriot Hotel and four lagoons. We didn't spend a ton of time here, but they were great for playing Spike Ball and hanging out for a little bit when we didn't have much time to drive anywhere. They were so so pretty.

We went on a Sunday drive and stopped at the Dole Plantation for a minute. The little pineapples were so cute! For some weird reason I always thought that pineapples grew IN the ground. Like a potato. Umm...oops.

This was my absolute FAVORITE thing at the plantation.
These fish were soooooo dang funny!! I wish the picture would do justice. There were quarter machines with fish food and the second someone would throw food in they would all swarm and jump and get on top of each other and flap their tails....oh goll. Loved it. So funny. Poor things.

We also stopped here on our drive. I'm not positive what beach it is, but it was really pretty.

I have to put a quick plug in for the Quayle's! I think the was one of the first times we hung out with them...ish. Anyways, they became our great friends over the summer and I absolutely love them to death!...However, we didn't get any pictures of us together on this day, so I will show you them later :)

We did a lot of fun things that I didn't or couldn't get pictures of. One of our favorite things to do was go boogy boarding. Us and the Quayle's would go a couple times a week to a beach we found called Sherwood Forest. I never took the camera tho because I was scared it would get ruined or stolen. I'm a little sad we didn't get pictures. Another thing we would do all the time was go snorkeling! There were two awesome beaches by us with super cool fish and coral and turtles! But...no pictures. I think I have a picture of one of the beaches later though.

A few weeks into the summer our boss came out and surprised us all with a day off. And this is what we did...



So amazing. Absolutely loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat!



I was sad that the temple was closed, but it was still really neat to see it! It's absolutley beautiful! Poor Ry didn't fee very well that day.



We went to...something Lookout...Pali...Polly...Pauli...It was fun! Ry found this cool little trail on the side of the mountain, so we followed it....


The hike was really cool! We were going through crazy trees and roots and branches and stuff. The view from the top was AMAZING!




We also went on the "waterfall" hike. Ry found a nice root to swing from :) I guess he thinks he's Tarzan? and I'm Jayne! Kinda....





We also got to spend a morning at Pearl Harbor. I'm glad we got to see that.


A few weeks later Todd came back! We love when Todd comes because we get to do something crazy and fun :)




We saw some reeeeeeeally cool things! We even touched an octopus!


The famous Boots & Kimos macadamia nut banana pancakes...these were DELICIOUS. My Ry, who couldn't care less about food, was glad we drove over an hour for them! THAT'S how good they were.

Alright, I know I said I wasn't going to write much, and so far I've done pretty good! But this picture deserves a little explanation. So some of the guys got spears to go spear fishing (boys...with spears...while I'm snorkeling next to them...scary!!) and Ry really really wanted one, and I was kind of mean and didn't realize he was serious, so according to him "I didn't let him get one" (sorry sweetie). But it's okay! As you can see by the picture, he borrowed one and speared a fish! I was so proud! What you can't really tell...unless you know fish, is that it is a puffer fish. He speared a puffer fish. How random is that? We took it onto the beach and let the little girls see it and rinse it with water and we tried to get the water out of his belly. The worst part was it ended up in our freezer. Ry or I don't even like fish. So what in the heck he was planning on doing with it, is beyond me. Him and Juice gutted the thing (good work Ry! ...if you know Ry, you will understand why I say that) and stuck it in the freezer. Well I went off to work and luckily Ry did a little research on his friend in the freezer...and found out that he was really really poisonous. Phew. Glad he figured that out! So he took it outside and put it next to the garage. Well, a bit later it smelled so so so so bad. I guess our roommates didn't appreciate it next to their bedroom and by the front door, so they decided to punish poor Ry for putting it there. So mean. They put it under the seat in his car! I think the bag leaked fish ocean water, because his car wreaked the rest of the summer. Literally. I think we drove with the windows down and a bottle of Febreeze for the rest of the summer. Punks. So...that is the story of the poor puffer fish who lost his life for no good reason.




Hawaii was awesome...there are so many more cool and fun stories I could tell and pictures I could post, but its already taken me 3 months to complete this blog post. I hope you enjoyed it!






No comments:

Post a Comment