Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ten Things I Love About Hawaii

...in no particular order.

1. Painting my fingernails.
Ry laughed at me when I told him this was one of my favorite things about Hawaii :) He just doesn’t understand! A nursing student is not allowed to paint her fingernails, and since I am a nursing student 8 months out of the year, I love the four months that I get to paint my nails! I used to hate polish on my fingernails, but a friend forever changed my mind last summer while we were in Hawaii.


2. Feeding geckos.
I just discovered this this year and I absolutely love it! It is definitely one of the most entertaining things to do! They are so stinking adorable. If you don’t believe me or even if you do… watch the videos! Those little stinkers are the worst sharers ever. If another one even gets close the first with start to freak out haha.

3. The ocean…obviously.
this beautiful picture was taken by Andy
I LOVE the ocean. Hate the salt, but love the water! I absolutely love snorkeling and boogie boarding and scuba diving and playing in the waves. Anything and everything. It is so much fun.

4. Sunsets.
The sunsets are absolutely gorgeous and I so wish that a camera could truly capture the beauty of one. So amazing.
this beautiful picture was taken by Tarah


5. Wearing less makeup.
 
Yup. I wear hardly any makeup here and love it! I still put the base and mascara on, but most days I go without eye shadow and eyeliner and I love it. I love not having to take the time to put that crap on and that no one here really cares. Don’t ask me why I don’t just do that at home…I don’t really know why, but I just don’t.


6. The pineapple.

The pineapple at home does not compare to the pineapple here. No “buts” about it.  It is so dang delicious. One of our favorite meals here involves grilling pineapple. Mmmm.  The pineapple is amazing!! If it didn’t give me cankers I would definitely eat it every single day.


7. Mary Higgins Clark.

I LOVE this woman’s murder mysteries. I don’t know why, but they are just great. I never have time to read a novel during the school year and it makes me kind of sad! So…my sweet Ry guy took me to the D.I. and we found a few Mary Higgins Clark books for 25₵ each :) Sure beats the late fees at the library! I’m a little bummed though because it’s only three weeks into the summer and I’m almost done with one of the books. I only brought two :( bad idea. So uh…if you ever need a gift idea, go to the D.I. and get me every Mary Higgins Clark book you can find! I promise I wouldn’t be offended that it’s used. In fact, I’d be offended if it wasn’t used! Anything more than 25₵ for a book I will read one time is way too much.


8. Sea turtles.

I love them :) When we lived on Oahu last summer there was a beach super close to our house that we would go to and there would always be two or three turtles there. Sometimes they were even up on the beach resting! (so cool, but holy crap they smell bad!) We would climb on the rocks and pick a ton of seaweed and go in the water and they would come up to us and eat it out of our hands!! They are so dang awesome. Every time we go snorkeling we look for them. I don’t know what it is about them, but they are such neat creatures. One day last summer we were snorkeling and for some reason decided that we wanted to try to ride one. They are pretty dang hard to hold on to! So slippery. “I like turtles” too.


9. Not doing my hair.
Okay, now I just sound plain lazy…but this one I have a good reason for! I’m not the nicest to my hair and I really want it to grow out, so this is my chance to try to be a little bit nicer to it!! And it’s not so much that I choose every day to not do it, but we usually get done playing in the morning and I don’t have much time to shower and get ready, hence, less makeup and air drying my hair :) poor Ry guy. I try to make up for it by getting all done up on Sunday at least. I figure he’d rather play for an hour longer than for us to go home early so I can shower and put make up on and do my hair. Right? Again, as Ry says, “it’s okay Liv, you don’t need to justify it”.


10. Spending time with my sweet husband.
Probably my most favorite thing of all is getting to spend so much time with Ry. During school our schedules are both usually so crazy and opposite that we hardly get to see each other. It’s so nice to have a few months where we wake up at the same time, go to work at the same time, get done with work at the same time, and go to sleep at the same time. When we were first married there would be days that we wouldn’t see each other for three or so days because I would wake up early and he would get off from work late so I would be asleep when he got home and he would be asleep when I left for work. It was depressing and I hope that it’s never as bad as it was those first few months of marriage. It’s so much fun to be with him so much!! I'm so grateful he's mine for eternity...
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to post to your blog Livi! I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! You're so cute with your post. I really enjoy seeing them. It's fun to see what you're up to (besides a little work)! Love you both! Mom

    ReplyDelete