Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pirates Cove

REWIND. Alright, this post is about a month late, but I promised Bryce it would get blogged, so here I go! Again, mostly pictures on this one with some explanations I think.  
So we randomly up and went to Vegas with our good friends Bryce and Ally. It was the Supercross Final so we were stoked to be able to go. We left late Thursday night and slept in St. George and then drove to Vegas the next morning. We didn’t really know where we were staying, but we knew we’d be able to share a room and work it out. Bryce surprised Ally by not telling her we were coming until he picked up…Bryce surprised us by not telling us where we were staying until we were there. It was by far the most amazing vacation home I have ever stayed at. Everywhere you looked there was something awesome to see. I can’t really explain it…and I didn’t get a picture of every detail, but I got a few :) I loved the pirates everywhere and pictures and pools and so many DETAILS. We ended up staying in the Egyptian room...I think is what they called it. It was perfect. There was a big hide-a-bed downstairs and a big bed upstairs. The room itself was amazing too! Tons of pictures and some books and a giant shower...loved it.

This is the pool that the waterslide fed into...you can't see it but there was a rope swing that people would  also play on and fall into the pool. Crazy boys would also jump off those platforms. Not me!


This isn't the greatest picture, but this is the pool from the other side. The waterslide is inside that ship. It was...a crazy slide. We went on it the first time without mats, not too bad. Then we saw mats and decided to go on them with two people per mat, a little scarier. The mats made us CRUISE and I think I screamed everytime. I'm pretty sure I have a scar on my knee from that slide :) it was worth it. Poor Ally would hit her head every time she went down it and ended up with a nasty goose egg and headache. Poor girl :( The absolute scariest time was when we went two people per mat in a train of 6 people...BAD idea. I think I saw my life flash before eyes when we lost control. Bryce luckily thought quick and let go of Ry and I and pushed us ahead of them so that no one got hurt. Regardless, I still love that slide :)





Details, details details.






So cool :) Friday we spent the rest of the day swimming, playing, and eating the unlimited icecream cones and slurpees! After we were all pooled out we went to the strip to get dinner and walk around. We went to an amazing Italian hole-in-the-wall restaurant...and there was an adorable older man playing the accordian for tips. He had to have been shorter than five feet tall. Loved him. He did amazing. After dinner we walked the strip and went to watch the fountain show. It was a lot of fun!





Saturday morning the guys left for the supercorss event so that they could set up the semi and do who-knows-what. Ally and I spent the morning at the pool until we met up with the boys at the event. I got fried. I was determined to not peel, so I lathered lotion on multiple times throughout the day. Ummm...is there anyone else that didn't know that putting lotion on right after you get burned traps the heat in? Oops. Needless to say, it HURT all day long. Especially when I had to walk in the sunlight. Ouch. And...I did peel anyways. I think I learned my lesson the hard way that day. Aloe vera, not lotion. At least for the first few days.

Anyways, I won't ramble much longer, but Saturday was a ton of fun at the Supercross event! We maybe kinda had to sneak in, which always scares me bad, but we didn't get caught! It was SO awesome. It was fun because we had been two weekends before in Salt Lake so we kind of knew some of the riders and knew who we wanted to win. All in all, fantastic weekend. Thank you so much Bryce!!

No comments:

Post a Comment