Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dolphin Searching "Take 2"

If you've read my blog for a little while, you'll know that dolphin searching "Take 1" did not go so well for us. It resulted in us swimming across a huge bay and begging a tour boat to take us half way back so we didn't have to make that treacherous swim again. If you need a little refresher, please refer to the picture below.



Yes, we swam all the way to that little white dot at the top of the picture searching the water for dolphins that we thought we saw from a mile away. I've circled it in red for your convenience. 


We were utterly disappointed that we missed our one and only chance to swim with dolphins. Our dreams were crushed...


...for a short time until we heard that there were dolphins at Electric Beach! This was such a surprise for us. Last year we lived about five minutes away from Electric Beach and went there very often and had NO idea that dolphins are there frequently. How we never knew beats me. 


I am happy to say that our crushed dreams were uncrushed and we did finally get to swim with dolphins. 






It was SO cool! Some days I'm a little sad that we don't have a waterproof camera. That day would be one of them. The picture above is pretty much what we got to see though, and it was really neat. We swam with them for an hour or so and watched them jump out of the water and spin and play with each other. Absolutely loved it. 


Dolphin searching take 2 was definitely a success. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun! I hope you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its zie I'm so jelous! I wish I could do that I miss you guys so bad! I can't wait until you come home love ya!

    ReplyDelete