Friday, July 8, 2011

The Great Debate

Last week I had a great debate going on inside my head…

                      THIS                    or                    THIS                                                               
                                                       

Last week for an outing our boss took the company sky diving. I have to be honest, I had the hardest time deciding whether or not I wanted to go. Not because I didn’t have a blast when I went last year, but because I have been before and I could have quite the shopping spree instead.

When I told Ry that I was thinking about going shopping instead of sky diving he told me that our grandchildren would be disappointed in me. He said that they would say, “Grandma, how come grandpa went skydiving so many times and you only went once?”

Todd, in my defense replied that our grandchildren would look at pictures of us and say, “Grandma, your clothes are sooooo cool!” He may or may not have said this sarcastically, I can’t be sure.

Ryan retaliated by saying that our grandchildren would say, “Grandma, you have a LOT of clothes you need to take to the D.I. Can we use some for our Halloween costumes?” Rude.

So long story short I debated about it for days. The morning of I still didn’t know. I had decided that whether or not I was going to jump I still wanted to go watch Ry. So I woke up, got ready, made sure I had tennis shoes on, and got in the car. By the time we got to the north shore I had made my decision. 


I did it! I jumped out of an airplane at 14,200 feet!  Last year we jumped at about 10,000 feet so the free fall this year was quite a bit longer. It was amazing. I’m not going to lie, I was pretty scared this time for some reason!  The airplane ride up seemed to take for-freaking-ever and they opened the side door and I was scared I was going to fall out…kind of ironic, huh?  I think my tandem guy could tell I was scared when I gripped the bench we were sitting on.

My tandem, aka Jo, and I jumped first. According to Ryan I looked pretty dang worried when I looked back at him one last time before I more or less fell out of the airplane.

It was amazing. I can’t even describe the beautiful view I saw or the feeling of free falling. I absolutely loooooooved it and I’m SO happy that I went. Ultimately, I chose sky diving over shopping because I knew I would end up regretting it.

Here are some of our fun pictures from that morning!






I guess my grandchildren won’t be disappointed in me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment